cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Move “Proceed to Checkout” Button to the top in Magento 1.9?

How to Move “Proceed to Checkout” Button to the top in Magento 1.9?

**Sorry for posting this a 2nd time. The 1st time I think I posted this question in the wrong category**

First of all, I do apologize in advance if this has been answered already (I couldn't find any answers when I initially did a search).

I'm currently using "PayPal Payflow Pro (Includes Express Checkout)" as my payment method in Magento. Everything works great, but I just can't figure out how to edit my Shopping Cart page so that the buttons are in this order:

1. Proceed to Checkout (Onepage checkout)
  2. Checkout with PayPal
  3. PayPal Credit

Here is what the order of my buttons currently look like (the Proceed to Checkout/Onepage is last):

z6QPo

I've tried this, but it didn't work: Change display order of checkout buttons in Magento

I've also tried this, but it didn't work: Magento: Move Paypal Express button on shopping cart

Finally, I've tried editing app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/etc/config.xml adding the code in bold under the "payment_express" section:

<payment>
            <paypal_express>
<sort_order>10</sort_order>
            </paypal_express>

This is what I currently have to PayPal.xml:
<layout version="0.1.0">
    <checkout_cart_index>
        <reference name="checkout.cart.top_methods">
            <block type="paypal/express_shortcut" name="checkout.cart.methods.paypal_express.top" after="-" template="paypal/express/shortcut.phtml">
                <action method="setIsQuoteAllowed"><value>1</value></action>
            </block>
        </reference>

<reference name="checkout.cart.methods">
    <block type="paypal/express_shortcut" name="checkout.cart.methods.paypal_express.bottom" after="-" template="paypal/express/shortcut.phtml">
        <action method="setIsQuoteAllowed"><value>1</value></action>
        <action method="setShowOrPosition"><value>before</value></action>
    </block>
</reference>
If someone can please let me know what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance!