cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a magento theme to html

How to convert a magento theme to html

Hello everyone,

I had downloaded a paid theme of magento some time back. But now I'm looking for just a html based theme. Can I convert that theme into html based code only?

Customer service of that particular theme is no more available. 

Thanks a lot in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to convert a magento theme to html

@himanshu_bhatnagarThere is not easy way for what you are looking for. Easiest solution for you to browse each page and save them as HTML. However, it will still have tons of additional JS/CSS etc files which you have to clean manually.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi @Tarandeep Singh Thanks for your answere. 

What is the prime difference between a html theme and magento theme?

I want to build a meduim scalable ecommerce platform. What will be a good option for me?

I looked over the internet but then couldn't find any solution.

Thanks in advance.

@himanshu_bhatnagarTo answer your 1st question. Magento theme can be applied on Magento platform. While HTML themes are HTML (I believe) which you can use wherever you want. To conver HTML to Magento theme would take good amount of time as well as requires the skills to perform the same.

If you want to build a scalable eCommerce solution then Magento is your answer. There are plenty of eCommerce solution are available in market. Every one has their own pros and cons and learning curve. You would have to dive-in in case you want to swim...

- Tarandeep

Thanks @Tarandeep Singh 

I have a start up and was looking for a scalable solution, I came across magento. Reading reviews online and through forums I understood that I wouldn't need any knowledge of magento to integrate the cms. With no technical knowledge, I installed magento 2.2 and purchased a theme and installed that as well. But when I had to customise the theme, I couldn't. It was very tough for a non-programmer like me. 

So, I approached a few developers to customise my theme. At least 4-5 of them told me that magento is not a good option for me and I should just move to html based frame work. Others were charging me a bomb. 

Now, I bought a html theme as well but I'm still not sure if magento is right option for me or html is. Right now I have 6 products and in future I'm looking to add 8 more products in a year or so.

Kindly suggest the right way forward.

Thanks in advance. 

@himanshu_bhatnagarNot sure what kind of changes you are looking for in the the Theme. I would recommend to use default theme and make minor updates like update images / banner etc. All of this can be done from Magento backend. In any eCommerce framework if you need some customization then you would need a Frontend or Backend developer to make it happen.

Either you opt Magento or go with a framework like Shopify, if you are not customizing then you'll be able to use it without much of effort.

- Tarandeep