cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create different weight-price drop down in products

How to create different weight-price drop down in products

How can I build a drop down list with different weights with prices for a product, which can be selected by user. Something like this

http://bigbasket.com/pc/fruits-vegetables/vegetables/

When user selects his required weight from the drop down the price also changes.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to create different weight-price drop down in products

Do create custom option for those if you have limited fixed option then. Extra you need to fetch custom option into product list page (thats not a big stuff) as on product view page custom options already managed by magento itself.

Hope it helps you Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tried using Custom Option for the products. But the outcome is different from what I want. When you use the custom option and add different weights, like 250 grams and 500 grams, and give prices to it, the outcome(in the drop down) is like "250 grams + given price". And when an option is selected the given price is added to the original price. But what I want is something like "250 grams is given price". It should not be added to the original price when selected.

On your reference site it do change price based on drop down option selection. 

Yes  by custom options it do add price into original price. However you can keep original price 0.00 and first option is selected by default (same as your reference site) and further based on selection of option price should be show whatever given into custom options. (P.S- In actual it do add price but you can manage it programetically).

I guess this would be solve your needs. Cheers Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.