cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modofications to list.phtml do no lead to any change in list.phtml

Modofications to list.phtml do no lead to any change in list.phtml

I use my own design in app/design/frontend/[mypackage] and I am trying to modify app/design/frontend/[mypackage]/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml . The goal is to simply add a "class" attribute to the

tag surrounding the add-to-cart button, however in the final HTML (the one I get in the browser) I still see

without any class. I tried all kind of weird things...but nothing happens. My impression is that this started after I installed the Preorder (free) extension, but I don't see how this would affect the rendering. Is there another place where I can look to understand where the actual HTML is coming from ? something in the DB ? some php file that would tell me what is going on? Thanks in advance. p.s. this is my first post, please bear with me if I did something wrong Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Modofications to list.phtml do no lead to any change in list.phtml

You can try enabling the path hints from admin. It will guide you to the path of the files that are rendering on the frontend. You can enable the path hints from 

admin > system > configuration > select your store view from configuration scope >   Advanced > developer > Debug > Template Path Hints

Set this option to yes & refresh frontend. It will show you all the path hints.

You can also enable Add Block Names to Hints to see which blocks are rendering.

Hope this will  help you. 

Re: Modofications to list.phtml do no lead to any change in list.phtml

Thank you very much. This sounds like something very interesting. However, I just disabled the extension because it ws crating way more issues than what it was solving Smiley Happy Of course, as soon as I did that everything came back to normality.

I'll try your suggestion next time!