cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style order email

Style order email

Hello,

I want to structure and style even more the confirmation mail, especially the items of my order. Where can I find the files I nee? I tried to edit the email-non-inline.css and looked into the email/order/items.phtml

But nothing of my changes appears. How can I change the layout of my order confirmation mail?

Regards,

Markus

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Style order email

Please check following URL in magento docs https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/frontend-dev-guide/templates/template-email.html

Did you find it helpful? Please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution".
Meet 70+ extensions and templates for M1 & M2 in one place

Did this work for magento 1.9?

Hello @Werderaner

To change the email design, appearance, content, etc you need to work with the template files. They are located in the app/locale folder, under the language you are using. So, for en_US, for example, they would be at app/locale/en_US/template/email.

You can edit the template's html directly, and specify a css file using a template directive - the double curly braces syntax ex: {{inlinecss file="email-inline.css"}} would reference skin/frontend/base/default/css/email-inline.css

If found my answer useful? Please give Kudos and Accept it as solution!

Magento Developer
Ankita Biswas

Hello @Werderaner

To change the new order email you can create a new order email template and set it to "New order confirmation template".

To do this Go to System -> Transnational Emails -> Create a new template by loading default order template.

After that you can set this to "New order confirmation template" in this way :

Go to System -> Configurations -> Sales -> Sales Email -> Order -> New Order Confirmation template -> Changes it to yours new template -> Save config. 

Clear cache and check now it will work for you.

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos