cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross sell up sell issues magento 1.7

cross sell up sell issues magento 1.7

Hello,

I've been asked to set up cross sell and up sell on Magento 1.7.0.1 patched and using Buyshop theme, when I've set these up for a product, I set 6 items on the up sell and 6 items on the cross sell, but when I go to the browser to the item I have added the up sell and cross sell items to it only displays 4 items with the pagination displaying 2 pages suggesting there is more than the 4 Items, when you select page 2 there is no Items displaying. 

See Image 1 - displaying first 4 items on the cross sell with the pagination displaying 2 pages

image-1-4-items.gif

See Image 2 - blank section where other 2 images should display

image-2-NO-items.gif

Any Idea's to why the other items aren't displaying??

Regards

Mal

2 REPLIES 2

Re: cross sell up sell issues magento 1.7

you could do the following:

1.check stock options

Login to admin

Go to System > Configuration->Inventory

2.clear cache

Login to admin

Go to System > Cache Management -> Flush the Cache Storage

3.Reindex data

Login to admin

Go to System -> Index Management

Select: Product Flat Data, Category Flat Data, Category Products

Reindex Data

OpenSource Expert | OpenSource Technologies | www.opensourcetechnologies.com
Magento plugins released: http://www.opensourcetechnologies.com/product/product-category/magento-extensions

Re: cross sell up sell issues magento 1.7

Thanks I already did that to no avail

I have decided the theme installed is sh*t  and with no reply off the company who developed the theme  ~ lets just say they seem to go to great lengths not to give any contact details which is just madness for supporting a product.......

I rewrote the code in the upsell.phtml file to work how I wanted it and voila all the items displayed as I wanted them :-)

I've since sorted the related products file as well after a few Googles I also managed to get the under developed related.phtml file to display how I needed that to display..... how on earth anyone thinks just showing an image of a product with no link is good enough for the related products information is beyond me... it now displays Image, Item name, price and link to the related product so you can actually go to the related product..

Thanks once again for your input.