I am hoping someone can help as we upgraded our site from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 to apply the security patches but the whole site now gives a 404 error page not found on the frontpage and admin.
I have searched on the forums to see if I wasn't the only one but as this is our first magento site not sure where the problem could be.
What method did you use to upgrade magento?
I would suggest restoring your backup copy of you .htaccess file. I have had similar issue when there is not a .htacess in the root and the rewrites will not work.
Check your file permissions. This happened to me and I changed the following:
index.php to 644
downloader/index.php to 644
downloader/ to 755
chron.php to 644
chron.sh to 744
Also delete maintenance.flag in your main magento directory if you haven't already.
Thank you Crane_cio & Travis_Mc for your help.
I followed a step by step upgrade via ssh which goes through no problem at all but everytime it breaks the site with all pages showing a 404 page not found error.
I also checked file & directory permissions and they are all ok as well.
There must be an easier way of upgrading, would not a simple overwrite of newer files via ftp work at all.