cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer login not possible after Upgrade to 1.9.2

Customer login not possible after Upgrade to 1.9.2

I recently updated from 1.7 to 1.9.2. Since then, I am trying to fix all the issues that appeared. Top of my list atm is the fact that currently, customer cannot log-in into their accounts. There is no error message, instead customers are led back to the login page.

I did find that that is a rather common problem and can be usually fixed by adding a form key to the login templates. However, that did not work for me.

I added the string

<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />

to 

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml

app/design/frontend/default/Theme/template/customer/form/register.phtml

app/design/frontend/Package/Theme/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml

to no avail. I still think that the problem is related to the form key. At least there werent any in the templates and I was able to fix the update cart problem by adding one. Perhaps I have to add the form key to some other templates as well? Is there a list of pages that need an added key?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Customer login not possible after Upgrade to 1.9.2

Hi,

You try to add form key by <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey');?> in form/login.phtml .

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

I have the same problem. But I could not solve . Even following the tips. My template is hellowired. You can not create new users through the frontend. Please Help ME

Hey there did you ever find a solution to your Magento logging in for customers?
I am trying to  figure it out driving me crazy!!