cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 After Updating From 1.8 to 1.9.3

SOLVED

Error 500 After Updating From 1.8 to 1.9.3

Hello, 

I am doing a fresh install on my hosting service. 1.8.1 installs perfectly fine, but when i go into the system to update, it gives me an error 500 right after. I have tried several solution, Updating the permissions on the files, removing the HTACCESS file, the way that i am trying to install it is via the Magento Connect Manager using Mage_All_Latest. The errors that pop in right at the end are these: 

CONNECT ERROR: Failed to open file /home1/superdri/public_html/downloader/.cache/community/Interface_Adminhtml_Default-1.9.3.1/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/downloadable/sales/order/invoice/create/items/renderer
Failed to open file /home1/superdri/public_html/downloader/.cache/community/Interface_Frontend_Rwd_Default-1.9.3.1/app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/configurableswatches/catalog/product/view/type/options/conf

anyone know of a resolution or work around? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error 500 After Updating From 1.8 to 1.9.3

I didn't have any extensions. I worked around it, did a fresh install of 1.9.3 using cPanel and then magento-cleanup.php for the permissions. Resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jacobgarcia965,

That folder is used to download and install extensions through the Magento Connect manager.
Have you recently installed new extensions?

Best,

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

I didn't have any extensions. I worked around it, did a fresh install of 1.9.3 using cPanel and then magento-cleanup.php for the permissions. Resolved the issue.