cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Why When Manually Upgrading Magento are No Extensions Installed?

HELP! Why When Manually Upgrading Magento are No Extensions Installed?

Hi there,

I've tried manually upgrading Magento from 1.7 to 1.9.1 by following the steps I found on StackExchange (shown below). This included moving all of the /app/etc/modules and /app/code/community etc.. and using a replica of the existing database (running the installer on the existing database to update it) - however NO custom extensions are showing as installed or working on the site. When I go to the Magento Connect Manager there are no community modules installed. Does anyone know if I'm missing a step here??

These are the upgrade instructions I followed:

1. Take a backup of current database and current 1.7 code. place maintenance.flag file inside 1.7 code folder to put website offline.
  2. Download latest magento from the http://www.magentocommerce.com/download
  3. Remove all folders and files from your 1.7 code except maintenance.flag (but you should have backup somewhere) and place all folders and files from the 1.9.
  4. Now from your 1.7 merge your following custom folders into the 1.9
    • Community app/code/community
    • Local app/code/local
    • Media
    • your theme or package (app/design/frontend/default/<your theme> or app/design/frontend/<your package>)
    • custom folders from Skin (both for adminhtml and frontend).
    • copy your custom xml files from app/etc/modules/ to current app/etc/modules/
    • any custom admin theme folder from adminhtml/default/yourtheme.
    • copy your custom folders from adminhtml/default/default/ (1.7) to adminhtml/default/default/ (1.9).
    • custom js files if any from app/js/.
  5. Now go to app/etc/local.xml.Edit database details their.put your database username and password and database name.
  6. Remove maintenance.flag file and check the site in the browser. it is done.

Thankyou Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1

Re: HELP! Why When Manually Upgrading Magento are No Extensions Installed?

Does anyone have any ideas on this please - specifically why the extensions haven't transferred over and how you're supposed to upgrade with respect to extensions?

Many thanks Smiley Happy