cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental update from CE 1.5.0.1

Incremental update from CE 1.5.0.1

Just took over a Magento site running CE 1.5.0.1. It is hosted by GoDaddy with its own dedicated server. I am new to Magento but my plan is to GRADUALLY move the current version to catch up with the latest release, 2.x. There is no urgency to have this all happen in a hurry. I would appreciate suggestions on an upgrade path as far as version number is concerned.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Incremental update from CE 1.5.0.1

Forget about catching up with 2.x. The best you can do is to catch up with 1.9.2.4 (current latest Magento 1 version). Magento 2 is not compatible with Magento 1 and while there are tools to carry over data, your themes, extensions and so on has to be built from scratch. 

Tanel Raja

Hello

As there is a migration tool available to migrate your data from magento 1.x to magento 2.0.4.

Please backup your data before migration. You can migrate your all data including customers, orders, reviews and catalogs.

Thanks

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Developer

Try to forget Magento 2 at the moment. Still buggy and need a lot of fixing.

The migration tool can help you to move all data from Magento 1.5.0.1 to a 2.x version without a lot of technical knowledge. I suggest this tool https://is.gd/IMLMvs , it works so smoothly