cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders lost during upgrade

Orders lost during upgrade

Hi guys I am currently slowly upgrading an old magento (Ver. 1.3.2.4) up to 1.9.x. I have upgraded it to 1.4.1.1 first but as the db structure has now changed in the newer versions: they use the sales_flat tables for orders, instead of sales_order. Now, i'd have thought that magento would mitigate this by including a migration of all the data in the old tables to new ones. But, I am mistaken, after the upgrade all of the orders and sales information from previous tables have not been migrated.

Am I doing something wrong?

I upgrade by making a copy of the 1.3.2.4 production database, then download a fresh new copy of magento 1.4.1.1 from magento.com/download; then in browser navigate to this fresh new copy on my test server, and install using the copy of the 1.3.2.4 database. 

I have been very puzzled and even started reading line for line all of the code for upgrade and this bit alarms me:

// Remove previous tables
$tablesToDrop = array(
    'sales_order_entity_decimal',
    'sales_order_entity_datetime',
    'sales_order_entity_int',
    'sales_order_entity_text',
    'sales_order_entity_varchar',
    'sales_order_entity',
    'sales_order_decimal',
    'sales_order_datetime',
    'sales_order_int',
    'sales_order_text',
    'sales_order_varchar',
    'sales_order'
);

foreach ($tablesToDrop as $table) {
    $table = $installer->getTable($table);
    if (!$installer->tableExists($table)) {
        continue;
    }
    $installer->getConnection()->query(
        'DROP TABLE ' . $installer->getConnection()->quoteIdentifier($table)
    );
}

$installer->endSetup();

In the file: mysql4-upgrade-1.3.99-1.4.0.0.php. This suggesting the upgrade is not doing properly, as those tables are still in my database.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Orders lost during upgrade

Try following steps for the upgrade:

1. Create a copy of your current version of magento (1.3.2.4)

2. Now just Copy files of new version magento (1.4.1.1) which you have downloaded to your copy sites.

3. Try to reload your site.