cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend: Category products not keeping position when the page is changed

0 Kudos

Backend: Category products not keeping position when the page is changed

Feature request from tzyganu, posted on GitHub Sep 16, 2014

I'm adding a new category in the backend, select one product and fill in a position value. before
After doing any action on the grid (filter, sorting, change page) the product I previously selected is still selected but the position is empty. In this example I change the sorting

after

8 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Sep 23, 2014

@tzyganu, we created the ticket for the team to fix this issue. Thanks for reporting this to us!

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Jan 30, 2015

@tzyganu, after investigating within the team, we identified this rather a feature request rather than a bug. Thus we added additional requirement to the epic for enhanced grids (MAGETWO-19324) that's in the backlog and closed the initial ticket.

We are also closing this issue now. Please watch the repository for updates. We will deploy the updated code once the epic is implemented.

apiuser

Comment from tzyganu, posted on GitHub Jan 30, 2015

@verklov Oddly looking feature I might say :smile: https://geekwhisperin.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/bug-vs-feature.jpg

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Jan 30, 2015

Well, if the system was not designed to work in this way, we consider it a feature request, not a bug :-)

apiuser

Comment from orlangur, posted on GitHub Feb 05, 2015

@tzyganu, not like current behavior seems to be logical, just a statement of inability to change this behavior with a spot fix for old grid. The new grid is currently used for CMS pages and not used for category management page.

apiuser

Comment from vkorotun, posted on GitHub Aug 04, 2016

@tzyganu Can we close this one? Smiley Happy

apiuser

Comment from tzyganu, posted on GitHub Aug 04, 2016

@vkorotun You can do what you want, it's your repo :smile: , but the problem still exists.
Here is the products list in the add/edit category screen after I selected a product and filled in a position

And here it is after I sorted the list by name:

As you can see, the position is gone.