Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an issue working with Grunt

0 Kudos

Getting an issue working with Grunt

Feature request from ezequielalba, posted on GitHub Jan 19, 2016

I'm getting this issue after run grunt exec:<theme>, this shows up:

Processed Area: frontend, Locale: en_US, Theme: Ids/prueba, File type: less.
>> [Magento\Framework\Exception\FileSystemException]                                                                                                                                                                
>>   Cannot create a symlink for "/usr/local/devs/magento2/htdocs/vendor/magento/theme-frontend-blank/web/css/source/_reset.less" and place it to "/usr/local/devs/magento2/htdocs/pub/static/frontend/Ids/prueba/en_US/css/source/_reset.less" Warning!file_get_contents(/usr/local/devs/magento2/htdocs/var/cache//mage-tags/mage---e39_INTERCEPTION): failed to open stream: No such file or directory  

>> dev:source-theme:deploy [--type="..."] [--locale="..."] [--area="..."] [--theme="..."] [file1] ... [fileN]
>> Exited with code: 1.
Warning: Task "exec:prueba" failed. Use --force to continue.

And after i run grunt refresh, shows the same after it cleans all the paths.

Now, running the command for the bin/magento dev:source-theme:deploy got this:

Processed Area: frontend, Locale: en_US, Theme: Magento/luma, File type: less.

[Magento\Framework\Exception\FileSystemException]                                                                                                                   
  Cannot create a symlink for "/usr/local/devs/magento2/htdocs/vendor/magento/theme-frontend-blank/web/css/source/_reset.less" and place it to "/usr/local/devs/mage  
  nto2/htdocs/pub/static/frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/css/source/_reset.less"                                                                                          

dev:source-theme:deploy [--type="..."] [--locale="..."] [--area="..."] [--theme="..."] [file1] ... [fileN]

I was triyng to fix this by following a lot of instructions on other issues already, nothing worked.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I have a VM configured running of Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS , and have node 5.4.1 with npm 3.3.12

Update of the issue: If a run the bin/magento static:deploy and after that i run grunt less:theme it gives no errors, but when watching isnt detecting the changes in the .less files of the theme.

8 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from mrkhoa99, posted on GitHub Jan 19, 2016

I met this issue on Windows OS, I tried to run CMD as Administrator. This issue was solved. I also run Grunt successfully on Ubuntu. You try to set file system permission and ownership: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/file-system-perms.html

apiuser

Comment from ezequielalba, posted on GitHub Jan 19, 2016

@MrKhoa99 Mmm, i tried that too, i just checked if the permission and ownership changed, but are ok. The error still there after i execute the deploy or Grunt. Let me see if the VM misses something. But i don't think so.

apiuser

Comment from ezequielalba, posted on GitHub Jan 19, 2016

@MrKhoa99 Nope, it isnt about permission. Got the same result.

apiuser

Comment from ezequielalba, posted on GitHub Jan 21, 2016

Update of the issue: If a run the bin/magento static:deploy and after that i run grunt less:theme it gives no errors, but when watching isnt detecting the changes in the .less files of the theme.

apiuser

Comment from guz-anton, posted on GitHub Jul 13, 2016

Hi @ezequielalba We'll do investigation under internal ticket MAGETWO-53822.

Thanks.

Quartermain

Hi all

Please help me. I cazy this bug and lot many time.
I use Win10, run CMD, Xam by administrator and have change
Magento\Framework\App\View\Asset\MaterializationStrategy\Symlink
to
>Magento\Framework\App\View\Asset\MaterializationStrategy\Copy
but still ERROR.

Some time run ok

Thanks

marcel_aerts1

Old post but I got the same problem on Windows. Anyone got a solution for this?