cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove index.php from admin url

0 Kudos

Remove index.php from admin url

Feature request from ihor-sviziev, posted on GitHub Apr 08, 2014

Will be great remove index.php from admin url.

9 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Apr 10, 2014

@igor-svizev, I forwarded your issue to the architect. Let's wait for his response.

apiuser

Comment from clockworkgeek, posted on GitHub Apr 29, 2014

I thought I might add my two cents here because I wrote an extension to do that. I occasionally get asked to help when a server does not support using PHP scripts as directories and their host will not fix it. I know nginx behaves this way if not configured properly. This makes it essential for some site owners.

A common case is where Apache is used and mod_rewrite is unavailable which means "index.php" is absolutely required instead. So an option is necessary and would benefit from being detected during installation.

apiuser

Comment from ihor-sviziev, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2014

@verklov Any updates?

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2014

@igor-svizev, I know processing this ticket looks like slow, but we did not forget about your request. The architect already reviewed it and we are pending for the decision to be made by the PM responsible for the area. I hope we will have this resolved soon.

apiuser

Comment from alankent, posted on GitHub Oct 02, 2014

Just a comment on the "slowness" - right now we are in the last milestone before dev beta, so we have lots of internal stuff we are trying to complete as well. After that we purposely have set aside more time to respond to feedback. So much to get in and so little time remaining! So it is not lack of desire to get things fixed - its because there is so much the team wants to do!

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Jan 29, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-23469

apiuser

Comment from fernandoneto, posted on GitHub Feb 11, 2016

+1

Ihor Sviziev
Magento Master

This issue has been already fixed in 2.1 and 2.2. I think we could close it.