cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A configurable product with thousands of virtual products

A configurable product with thousands of virtual products

Hi,

I need to associate 1600 virtual products at a configurable product. I went in "add products manually" in the configurable product page and selected all the products, but Magento associated only 150 virtual products.
Now, for this product, this page is always loading, then I cannot add other virtual products to configurable product.Smiley Sad
I had not problem to add few virtual products in other configurable product..

I have magento 2.0.6 in hosting service, version php 5.5

thanks
Fabio

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A configurable product with thousands of virtual products

1600 virtual products to a configurable sounds like a big ask Smiley Happy What is the scenario for this requirement? Is there another way that's a possible better way to achieve what you want? 

Also on a side note, php 5.5 support from php itself is coming to an end in 25 days or so I think - http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Magento Solution Consultant at Inviqa (formerly Session Digital) - Leading Magento Gold Partner
My own blog - Think Commerce

Hi,

I have a hosting service with:

- develop enviroment, with magento 2.0.6

- my store with magento 1.7 and I can't change php version because it doesn't work with php 5.6 or 7

My configurable product have 3 attributes: sizes (400), colour (3), options (3). I have to "add products manually" because not all the combinations are possible. Furthermore now I haven't associate the products and if I use "edit configuration" Magento generates new products and does not associate those I have already created

Thanks

Fabio

In magento 2 some default limit has been set? (i.e. Number of products associated to a configurable product)

I think my problem is not a problem of performance o php version: I have the same problem in two different installations (hosting service and localhost with Xampp)

Can someone help me?

thanks

Fabio