cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional product keywords in Magento 2.x

SOLVED

Additional product keywords in Magento 2.x

I would like to add additional keywords (tags) for the product so that the customer will be able to find (by search) this product in the store.

E.g. I have shoes "ADIDAS COPA 20.3 SHOES". I want to add   football shoes, soccer shoes

What's the best way to do this?
Is adding an additional attribute a good solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Additional product keywords in Magento 2.x

@pasiekpasif221 

However you want to retrieve anywhere, as I shared that it works on "OR" condition, so if your keyword is "football shoes", it will break whole string into ["football","shoes"] and search like, if your search string matches in any of these element in array, so it won't much effect searching.

because even if it has comma in string it will take those keywords separately in searching.

This is what I have explored so far, you can also check by a live example in your machine.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @pasiekpasif221 

The best approach will be to create an additional attribute and make it Searchable(Mandatory) so your product will come into search result with those tags.

Just as an additional info, the search works on "OR" condition, for example if you you have 10 products of which have "shoes" in name/description/tags/ETC(searchable attribute) and also you have 10 products (shoes/tshirts/actual football) of football keywords in name/description/tags/ETC(searchable attribute), so the search query will break your string "football" and "shoes" and get all the matching items in search result,

So make sure to use something in tags which will target directly to your products.

Hope it helps !

Thank you !

Another such question. Is it better to put a comma or spaces between the keywords?

@pasiekpasif221 

However you want to retrieve anywhere, as I shared that it works on "OR" condition, so if your keyword is "football shoes", it will break whole string into ["football","shoes"] and search like, if your search string matches in any of these element in array, so it won't much effect searching.

because even if it has comma in string it will take those keywords separately in searching.

This is what I have explored so far, you can also check by a live example in your machine.

Hope it helps !