cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin - category - product version control on edit

SOLVED

Admin - category - product version control on edit

Hello,

Is there a way to track edits made by the admin, or some kind of version control for the admin area, and be able to revert changes back one or two steps?

One of our editors has made some text changes to a category in the live site and overwritten something by accident.

I've been trying to get our development company to sort out our testing server, for the last 2 months after taking over this project, so they can make changes there first, so at least we have a way of reverting back, but that is broken and they are dragging their feet on this, now we have a situation where we can't revert the text back to the last edit and we have lost a lot of content changes from the last 3 - 4 days. 

any help appreciated
M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Admin - category - product version control on edit

Hi, the Admin Action Log is what you're looking for but it's not part of the Magento 2 Open Source it only comes with Adobe Commerce.

In Adobe Commerce it's under System > Action Logs > Reports.

It can show you in the details section what the values were before the save and after the save but you can not automatically revert it, but this info is enough for you to manually revert it to what the values were.

BTW. If your agency is working for 2 months without staging environment that is not good. I'm sure my agency and many other agencies would be significantly more responsive to such needs.

Founder at https://agency418.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi, the Admin Action Log is what you're looking for but it's not part of the Magento 2 Open Source it only comes with Adobe Commerce.

In Adobe Commerce it's under System > Action Logs > Reports.

It can show you in the details section what the values were before the save and after the save but you can not automatically revert it, but this info is enough for you to manually revert it to what the values were.

BTW. If your agency is working for 2 months without staging environment that is not good. I'm sure my agency and many other agencies would be significantly more responsive to such needs.

Founder at https://agency418.com

Thanks, for the response.

It is an ongoing concern with the Agency in question! But currently, we're tied to some commitments with them.

Due to location, I will be on the lookout for a UK-based Agency to work alongside, the main reason is we like to have occasional face-to-face meetings. 

Regards