cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing Free Shipping up to a maximum length only in Magento 2

Allowing Free Shipping up to a maximum length only in Magento 2

Hi Everyone. I have been scratching my head for weeks on this one and just cannot get to the bottom of it.

I have this plug in installed: https://www.best4mage.com/dynamic-product-price-calculator-for-magento-2.html that creates a dynamic attribute so the customer can add the exact length of a product to the cart checkout.

The problem is that the postage rates change dramatically for us after 3m in length, so we do not want to offer Free Shipping over 3m.

I have activated Magento 2 Free Shipping, but when it comes to the Conditions I cannot base the condition on the length the customer added as it is not one of the options I can choose from.

The attributes for this plug in are listed in the Attributes page like this:

dppc_input_unit Input Unit No Yes No Global No No No
dppc_max_unit Maximum Unit No Yes No Global No No No
dppc_minimum_area_price Minimum Price No Yes No Global No No No
dppc_min_unit Minimum Unit No Yes No Global No No No
dppc_output_unit Output Unit No No No Global No No No
dppc_product_enable Enable DPPC No No No Global No No No
dppc_product_shapes Choose your Shape No No No Global No No No
dppc_unit_price Unit Price No Yes Yes Global No No No

So I can see the system has them all in there to use, but how do I get them into the options for the conditions in the Free Shipping? 

I asked the plug in developers for a solution and the two answers I got were:
"That is not supported by default and would have to be programmed in the Free Shipping Plugin." and then when I asked how they said "The variable you define yourself in the settings of the sides of the calculation. We can't give you any further guidance since coding is mainly done in the free shipping extension."

So here I am wondering what I am missing and after countless videos and instruction reading, I just cannot find a solution. 

Can anybody help me?

Thanks