cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes showing up on two different websites

Attributes showing up on two different websites

I've created two websites, but they will be using two different attribute sets. The products are working fine, as they're only using the attribute set assigned to them. The major issue I'm facing is that all of the attributes I've created, or whenever I create a new attribute, it shows up in advanced search, page sorting, and layered navigation for both sites. I set the attributes scope to "website" or "store", but there's no option to assign it to a specific store or website. 

What am I doing wrong and is there a fix for this? I'm having a hard believing Magento allows you to create multiple sites and stores on the same admin, but assigns all the attributes globally no matter what. 

Example:

Attribute Set: 1, 2, 3

Attribute Set: 4, 5, 6

Right now layered navigation looks like this:

Website #1:

• Attribute 1
  • Attribute 2
  • Attribute 3
  • Attribute 4
  • Attribute 5
  • Attribute 6

Website #2:

• Attribute 1
  • Attribute 2
  • Attribute 3
  • Attribute 4
  • Attribute 5
  • Attribute 6

When it should looks like this:

Website #1:

• Attribute 1
  • Attribute 2
  • Attribute 3

Website #2:

• Attribute 4
  • Attribute 5
  • Attribute 6

If I change the settings in an attribute to show in advanced search, page sorting, and layered navigation, it automatically assigns them to both sites, which makes no sense.  I'm using Porto for one website, and Ultimo for the other. Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Attributes showing up on two different websites

Hello Frankie,

Create two root category and their subcategory as

Website #1 (root category)

• Attribute 1
  • Attribute 2
  • Attribute 3

Website #2 (root category)

• Attribute 4
  • Attribute 5
  • Attribute 6

Category can be assign during the creating of website/store. When you create a store they ask you to assign a root category. For example check the below image here Fashion category is rot and clothes are subcategory .

category.png

Now here I am assigning the category to another store.

store-setting.png

Now you can view on frontend as

multi-store view.png