cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy > $300, get any 1 from a category free?

Buy > $300, get any 1 from a category free?

We're running CE 2.4, and trying to set up a cart rule (or some other method if necessary) where you get a free product from any one of a group in a particular category, if you spend at $300 on products from another set of categories.

I'm pretty sure I got the logic right for part where you have to spend at least $300 on products in a particular set of categories, but can't see how to set the action to be a free product from another category.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks.

Thank you,
Mike.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buy > $300, get any 1 from a category free?

Hello @Mike L - SJC 

the default use of Buy X Get Y Free only work with similar type of SKU, it is a feature that it will be applied on same SKU’s (not actually a bug).

For reference : check example explained in Magento docs -

https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/marketing/price-rules-cart-buy-x-get-y-free.html

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Re: Buy > $300, get any 1 from a category free?

Thanks for the response gaurav_harsh1. I definitely get that it isn't a bug - but I'm hoping there's a way to do this. Perhaps by using a coupon good for a free item from a specific category, and linking that to the action of what happens when the customer has spent at least $300 in a specific category(ies).

What I'm looking for is "Is there a way to do this?" And if so, how? I have to believe others have faced the same situation of "get any 1 from a specific group free if you spend at least X amount of money."

Thank you,
Mike.