cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change product order in Category

Can't change product order in Category

I'm trying to change the product order in the category by changing the number in the "Products in this Category" View.

I imported most of the products with csv files and a lot of products have a negative number in the Position Field.

I change the numbers in the position field, but when I try to save the category, I get "Something went wrong while saving the category" and in the log file: "exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to a member function getAttributeCode() on bool at /var/www/magento/vendor/magento/module-catalog/Observer/InvalidateCacheOnCategoryDesignChange.php:67)"}.

What do I have to do to be able to change the position of the products again? I'm using 2.4.6

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can't change product order in Category

To change the position of products in Magento 2.4, you can follow these steps:

1. Login to your Magento 2.4 admin panel.
  2. Navigate to "Catalog" in the main menu and select "Products."
  3. Find the product you want to change the position of and click on it to edit.
  4. In the product edit page, scroll down to the "Categories" section.
  5. Locate the category where you want to adjust the product position and click on it to expand.
  6. Within the category, you will see a field called "Position." Enter a numerical value to represent the desired position of the product within that category. Lower numbers indicate higher positions (e.g., a product with position 1 will appear before a product with position 2).
  7. Save the changes.

By adjusting the position value, you can control the ordering of products within a category (do not delete or add any product from/to category)

Re: Can't change product order in Category

Don't know what you're talking about! I can only edit the position of the product in the category and not in the product itself!

Can you confirm?