cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get any payment methods to show up on checkout

SOLVED

Can't get any payment methods to show up on checkout

My first Magento Deployment.  I'm using 2.0.  I installed via git clone.  Everything is going great, but I cannot seem to get any payment methods to show in the cart.

My allowed countries is only United States.  I'm in deployment mode.  Any idea or debug list to find out whats wrong?

I've tried enabling bank wire transfer, filled out all available option fields, and saved my config.  I have refreshed the cache.  Still nothing on checkout.  Simply says "No Payment Methods".

I'm using single page checkout (but its more like 2 pages).

Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't get any payment methods to show up on checkout

Possibly that your custom template has not got the payment methods styled or correctly styled. I wonder was this custom template built for the M2 demo, and you now use the M2 GA version? In that case there may have been changes to the Checkout which means any themes developed for Beta is not working correctly. 

Magento Solution Consultant at Inviqa (formerly Session Digital) - Leading Magento Gold Partner
My own blog - Think Commerce

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Please publish the problem screen's shot.

I published back end picture of an enabled payment method and front end screenshot of no payments being available.

It is a usability bug:

The «Bank Transfer» payment method allows itself to be «Active» in the incorrect state: when the «Instructions» field is empty, and is silently hidden on the checkout scheen, confising store owners: https://mage2.pro/t/652

Even when I add instructions and clear the cache, I cannot get any payment methods to show up.  I have no idea why.  This goes for any payment module including COD, check, etc.

Have you got more than one website / store / store view and simply making changes in the wrong scope? If you only got one site / store / storeview, have you made changes at a store view previously and now making changes globally / website ?

http://www.thinkcommerce.no - my blog
http://www.sessiondigital.com - Session Digital - Magento Gold Partner
https://twitter.com/wethinkcommerce - My Twitter

I only have one store, and I've never had more than that.  Multi store is disabled.  I'm making these changes in the Default Store View.  So good idea, but it doesn't seem to be the problem.   One thing to note is that I'm on my localhost.  But I don't see what that would effect this, and there is no errors in the apache logs.

A fresh install shows no issues, and payment processors show up just fine.

UPDATE:

I've just tracked the issue down to the template, because when I enable the Luma template the payment options show up.  But when I switch the template back to my custom template, all the payment options are gone again.  Any idea how I may have caused that to happen with a custom template?

Possibly that your custom template has not got the payment methods styled or correctly styled. I wonder was this custom template built for the M2 demo, and you now use the M2 GA version? In that case there may have been changes to the Checkout which means any themes developed for Beta is not working correctly. 

Magento Solution Consultant at Inviqa (formerly Session Digital) - Leading Magento Gold Partner
My own blog - Think Commerce

There was a layout xml file in the custom template for the checkout module.  (Magento_Checkout/layout/checkout_index_index.cml)  

When I removed that file checkout started showing payment options.

Thanks everyone!  My first time making a Magento template so whoops!