cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog categories product re-order is not getting updated on frontend

SOLVED

Catalog categories product re-order is not getting updated on frontend

I am trying to re-order my products from my catalog categories, but it is not getting updated on the frontend immediately, sometimes it takes hours or days to get updated.

I tried verifying the settings from the Store view and clearing the cache.

I can see the updated order on the admin but not on the frontend.

Since I am using Magento Cloud, I can't run the bin/magento indexer:reindex command.

So what changes needed to be made in order to update the product order on the frontend immediately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Catalog categories product re-order is not getting updated on frontend

Hello @makarand_patil 

Please go to the Magento admin side in system> Index management. Change the indexer mode from "Update on schedule" to " Update on save". By this when you update the position of products in the catalog category and hit on save button the indexer will run and your data will update on the front end.

" Category Products" indexer is responsible for this task. you can change the mode of this indexer only or any other indexer.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @makarand_patil 

Please go to the Magento admin side in system> Index management. Change the indexer mode from "Update on schedule" to " Update on save". By this when you update the position of products in the catalog category and hit on save button the indexer will run and your data will update on the front end.

" Category Products" indexer is responsible for this task. you can change the mode of this indexer only or any other indexer.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

Thank you @dipmegpro Smiley Happy