cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories - how to get the text entered in the description field to display?

Categories - how to get the text entered in the description field to display?

I have various categories set up, and have added text into the description box, it is showing in the back end, but, not on the front end. Any ideas as to how this can be enabled? I am using Magento 2.2.5. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Categories - how to get the text entered in the description field to display?

Hello @lucindatheb981 

There is no such feature in default Magento to hide description for category, can you please flush the cache from backend and also flush varnish cache(if installed).

If still you are not able to see description, change the theme to Luma and check if description is showing now then it's issue with your theme or your customized code, please contact with theme vendor or check the theme configurations.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Re: Categories - how to get the text entered in the description field to display?

Hi, thank you, I have flushed the cache and turned the theme to Luma - the text still not showing on the front end. 

You mention other solutions, can you expand on these a little, should I be able to do these, or are these 'development' issues?