cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product - Configurations in multiple attributes

Configurable Product - Configurations in multiple attributes

Hello, I was just wondering if there was a simpler way of going about adding a product with configurations in more than one attribute. An example would be a product with about 10 different size configurations, where only 2 of those products are available in a different colour. Is there any way to prevent Magento from creating products for that colour option. The way I have been doing it currently is allowing Magento to make all of these variations and removing the ones that should not exist manually, but this gets very tedious for products with configurations in 3+ attributes and it is very annoying if I make a mistake in doing this (deleting a configuration that should exist by accident).

Thanks in advance,

James.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Configurable Product - Configurations in multiple attributes

I have exactly the same issue. We have configurable products with 3-4 attributes, but due to our product's nature far from all possible configurations are used. Deleting all non-used configurations is not an option.

Surely we can't be the only ones facing this problem.

Any help?

It's possible to create configurable products with my software (Product Manager for Magento). Click "generate simple products" and select only the attributes values you want to create. It will create all the possible configurations for the selected values.

Example:

Color attribute has "Green" "Red" "Blue" "Yellow" values

Size attribute has "Small" "Medium" "Large" "values"

Select "Green" and "Blue", and "Small" and "Medium" and click "create products".

It creates 4 products with these combinations:

Green Small, Green  Medium, Blue Small, Blue Medium

Maxime Coudreuse, developer of Product Manager for Magento: User-friendly product editor with customizable grid interface and category tree for Magento 1 and 2

@Benabee wrote:

It's possible to create configurable products with my software (Product Manager for Magento). Click "generate simple products" and select only the attributes values you want to create. It will create all the possible configurations for the selected values.

Example:

Color attribute has "Green" "Red" "Blue" "Yellow" values

Size attribute has "Small" "Medium" "Large" "values"

Select "Green" and "Blue", and "Small" and "Medium" and click "create products".

It creates 4 products with these combinations:

Green Small, Green  Medium, Blue Small, Blue Medium

Hi Benabee. Thanks for your reply. However, isn't this the same thing that Magento 2 does by default when creating configurations?

I  think this extension might do the trick along with other features: 

https://marketplace.magento.com/firebear-configurableproducts.html 

Edit: Grammar error