cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product Question

Configurable Product Question

I need to add a configurable product to my website so that customers can select the size from a dropdown menu and the price will adjust as needed. I also need to be able to manage the inventory for each size separately.

I was originally creating them as simple products with a dropdown as a configurable setting, but you only have 1 number for inventory as a whole, not for each item.

What is the best way to do this? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Configurable Product Question

Hi @michelle_jacob ,

In Configurable products also, you can define the inventory for different size of products. Let me share the steps with you.

Go to Admin: Catalog -> products -> Select Configurable Product and Add Product.

Now, after adding the basic information of product. Do not fill the Quantity field. After that, you will see the one section named as "Configurations". See attached as your reference:

sol3.png

Click on "Create Configuration". Here, if you found the Size attributes then select that otherwise you will find one option named as "Create New Attributes". After creating new attribute, you can select this Size attribute and click on "Next".

Select the Size option there. And click on Next. Now put the price here. and put the quantity also and click on Next. Once you done with creation of products then you will be redirect on main page. Here also you can edit the quantity and price of simple products.

In this way, you can achieve it.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I was successful with adding pricing for each various size, but how do I now get the image to populate (like a swatch) from the dropdown so the image changes based on the selection of a large or small item? I am working with decorative vases for example.

I want a customer to be able to select between a small vase and a large vase and have the price change based on the selection, have the image change based on the selection and the correct qty of inventory to be reduced based on the selection.

Is this possible?

Hi @michelle_jacob ,

Yes, this is also possible.When you create child products of configurable products then it will show like this:

sol4.png

After adding all images, flush the cache and do reindexing.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution