cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product magento 2 price type percentage

SOLVED

Configurable Product magento 2 price type percentage

Hello Community,  In magento 1.9  once we add color swatches we could also add the price type (fixed and percentage), In version 2  i am trying to create a configurable product but when i add the configurations (color, etc) i can only add a fixed price no a %  type price. Is this behavior changed in magento 2 or i am missing something.? Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configurable Product magento 2 price type percentage

You need to set manually price from that color swatch simple product. Directly set simple product special price for that color as you like. This is the way by default otherwise you need to do some customization for percentage of item.
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yes You are correct.
In magento 2 configurable product with only fixed price is remain and percentage of item functinality will be removed.

This is not a bug but this is feature of magento 2. So you cant set percentage of price from configurable product.
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Ok, i understand, so then what other options do i have to accomplish this ? What i Am trying to do is having a color swatch that for example form 10 colors that i have 2 of those would increase the price based in a % rate.  there is a workaround for this  in magento 2? 

You need to set manually price from that color swatch simple product. Directly set simple product special price for that color as you like. This is the way by default otherwise you need to do some customization for percentage of item.
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hello @haalmaguer88

There is no such a way.

You need to cal price own and import price using CSV or add manually into a product.

hope it will help you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Interesting, so this is one of the cool features about Magento 1.9, is really hard to understand why it was removed. I guess i would have to find another way. I was also looking at catalog price rules but this ones are only for "Discount" in my case would be "Increase" the price base in a %. Again this is a very common situation for  online selling, i can't understand  why was removed. 

This is not working