cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Products - Dynamic Image On Product Page

Configurable Products - Dynamic Image On Product Page

In a nutshell, I am working on a site that I inherited that is making use of configurable products - I am trying to make it so when selecting the attribute value on the product page, the product main image will update to be that of the associated simple product for the selected attribute value.

Some technical information - The version of Magento is 2.4.1 CE, and the option currently being used for the attribute is Dropdown (rather than image swatch or text swatch). The site uses a custom theme, with many overrides of modules, which may be where the problem lies (as some core markup may have been hacked that is preventing it from working).

I am just wondering whether out of the box (for example with the luma theme) what I am trying to achieve is possible (i.e. the product image on the product page updating when selecting different attribute values). Unfortunately I cannot simply switch back to the luma theme in this case as there are a lot of errors that occur when I do. It is a bit of a mess!

If anyone has any example URLS of the functionality that I am after it would be much appreciated, and if I have missed any critical information please let me know and I will find out and post asap.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Configurable Products - Dynamic Image On Product Page

Hello  @Boberto 

There was a configuration under store > configuration > salse > checkout for the configurable product Image show.

Can you please check that?

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation

Re: Configurable Products - Dynamic Image On Product Page

Thanks for the reply @dipmegpro  - That setting makes the correct image display in the cart, however I am hoping to find some functionality that will dynamically update the main product image on the product page when selecting the different attribute values.