cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not configure Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Sales Emails

Could not configure Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Sales Emails

Hello everybody,

this is my first post, and I hope someone could help me. I got a serious problem which is driving me nuts for days... I am not sure, if it is an backend problem or programming problem. I have taken over a magento 2 multi store shop from another developer and the customer wants me to change the email template for order confirmation. I thought this was an easy task.

What I did so far:

I could find out that not the email template from the backend is used (Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Sales Emails), but a customized one that seems to be under .../vendor/magento/module-sales/view/frontend/email/order_new.html

I could change the template there, but as far as I understand, it would be better to change and use the templates under marketing -> communications -> email-templates and then assign the customized templates here Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Sales Emails.

But here is my big issue:

1. How can I make the system understand, that it should use the templates from backend and not the changed one in vendor?

2. I seem to have a big issue with the backend itself -> i can not diable use website and then change the template ->see screenshot2022-01-21_15h41_25.png

Could anyone help me, please?

Thanks

Christiane