cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupons that can't be used on allready discounted items

Coupons that can't be used on allready discounted items

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but have been using Magento2 for some time now.

My company deals with fishing equipment in physical stores in Norway, and desited some time to also take the buisness online. And so fare, things have been going pretty smooth.

But now I've incounted a problem regarding coupons.

I want to be able to generate coupons what give 30% discount to personal withing the organization - but this discount should not apply to already discounted products.

So the big question is; How do i sett this rule?

All the allready discounted products are ofc in the "special prize section".

I've scanned the tutorial on https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/marketing/promotions.html , but still havn't found the solution to this.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Coupons that can't be used on allready discounted items

Is the "Special Prize Section" a Category? 

If so, have you attempted to exclude that category from your Cart Price Rule?

While editing the Cart Price Rule, if you open up the Actions section, you'll see an area called "Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items).". You could click the little green plus button, and create a rule stating that "Category IS NOT Special Prize Section"

Best of luck!

Re: Coupons that can't be used on allready discounted items

Thanks for the quick reply.

Special price products is a seperate catagory yes.

I've tried to set the right parameters, but somehow something is still not working correctly.

See screenshot below. (Catagory 191 is the spesial price catagory)

Please keep in mind that only the allready discounted products should not be affected by the cupon. So eg. if the cart containes a normal price product, and a already discounted product at checkout, the discound should be added to the normal price product, and shouldn't be added to the aleady discounted product.

Magento_discount.JPG