cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying the Customers COMPANY Name in the New Order Confirmation Email

Displaying the Customers COMPANY Name in the New Order Confirmation Email

Hello,

I hope this is an easy one. We use our website for B2B and when receive the new order emails the order confirmation is addressed to the customers first and last name. How can I make it so that it is addressed to the Company (company name field) instead of the registered user? Is it possible to add the company name to the address information as well?

Thanks,

Armando

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Displaying the Customers COMPANY Name in the New Order Confirmation Email

Hi Armando,

In the Magento 2 Admin, proceed to Marketing --> Communications - E-mail Templates

Go ahead and click the <Add New Template> button. This may seem counterintuitive, as there's already a template being used, but take the leap of faith.

Once you've arrived at the New Template page, you'll see a dropdown for Template, where you can select your New Order template. Then press the <Load Template> button. 

You'll notice more than one New Order template, such as one for Guests, so depending on which you're using, you may need to update more than one template. 

You'll just need to get the right variable swapped in / added. https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/marketing/variables.html

I haven't worked with those in a while, but others may be able to weigh in if you get stuck.

Best of luck!

Re: Displaying the Customers COMPANY Name in the New Order Confirmation Email

Hi Robert/All,

This did not work. The predefined variables do not include the field 'company'. Can anyone else help with this? I'm trying to add the field 'company' to the order confirmation.

Thanks,

Armando