We've set up magento 2.0.4 from scratch to replace an old custom made website we have. I wrote a script that will take the product from our old website and put the information in a CSV file using the template the back end provided me. When I imported the CSV file, only about half of the items actually imported and those that did show up in the back office but are not visible on the front end. I manually entered a few items and those do show up on the front end. Here are the troubleshooting steps I've tried:
I made sure the product was set to online in the back office
I made sure the product was In Stock in the back office and had a quantity of > 1
The product is assigned to the correct website and category and have visibility of Catalog, Search
I've compared side by side the ones that do show and the ones that don't and found no discernable difference
I've attempted to look in the database itself but am having trouble understanding the information in there
I'm assuming this has something to do with my CSV file and not having a value set correctly or something along those lines, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it would be. I don't see a way to post it here but I'd be happy to email it to someone to take a look and see what I've got wrong. Thanks for your time.