cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create separate sites for separate clients

How to create separate sites for separate clients

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know the procedure to create separate Magento stores for separate clients? I am thinking of creating different folders and installing Magento in each folder. These clients are separate. They don't know each other and each Magento install will have its own username and password. I will be using Xampp on my computer to design the sites, then I will upload the completed site to separate live servers.

Is this task possible?

Thank you Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to create separate sites for separate clients

Hi @misstheresa2015

I understand the scenario which you have explained.

The  way you mention for different website for customer that is partial correct, but Magento have multi site functionality natively.

so if you wanted to create different website -> you can create it from , store -> All stores ->  Website -> click on Create website 

From there you can create multiple website from single Magento installation.

For more details refer this link - https://www.mageplaza.com/kb/how-to-setup-multiple-websites-magento-2.html

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: How to create separate sites for separate clients

Hello @misstheresa2015

If you want to use for a different client then you need to setup different Magento.

if you are ok with sharing products then you can use Magento for the different client.

Store configuration access you need to give to specific user wise. ( maybe your client change some setting into one domain it will affect all)

So better to create Magento installation for each client.

Hope it will help you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer