cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamically display simple product information in a configurable product?

How to dynamically display simple product information in a configurable product?

Hello Magento community,

We are currently implementing Magento 2 for our new website. All of our products are configurable products, consisting of simple products with multiple attributes. There is further product information which differs per individual SKU (such as weight), but this value is not configurable since each unique configuration has only 1 value for weight assigned to it (obviously).

How can I dynamically display this "non-configurable, yet changing" product information when somebody configures their product?

The SKU doesn't even change when configuring a product in the first place.

How do I go about doing this? I would really appreciate some help here. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to dynamically display simple product information in a configurable product?

There's no built in way to do this. Historicall Magento uses a json blob of product information which it can use to update things like the price once product options are chosen. I think this is called spConfig. 

You would either need to edit this or likely easier have some additional JSON on the page which stored a mapping between each option and the attribute values that change. You can then update the page based on which option is chosen. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!