cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the layout for the Home page

How to find the layout for the Home page

I'm working on a Magento 2.2.9 website that somebody has already built before me. I'm trying to change the layout for the Home page and I'm really confused about which file I should be editing. I've found that the layout will be either in default.xml or in cms_index_index.xml.

Here is the location of my default.xml:

/home/folder/site.com/html/app/design/frontend/Infortis/ultimo/Infortis_Ultimo/layout/default.xml

Here is the content of the file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd">
<body>
    <referenceBlock name="head.additional">
        <block class="Infortis\Cgen\Block\AssetWrapper\Combined" name="head.additional.asset-wrapper" template="assets/wrapper/combined.phtml">
            <arguments>
                <argument name="asset_name" xsi:type="string">cfg.css</argument>
                <argument name="asset_id" xsi:type="string">iult</argument>
            </arguments>
        </block>
    </referenceBlock>    
</body>

Here is the location of my cms_index_index:

/home/a2b89dbe/westhort.com/html/vendor/magento/module-cms/view/frontend/layout/cms_index_index

Here is the content of my cms_index_index:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
* Copyright © Magento, Inc. All rights reserved.
* See COPYING.txt for license details.
*/
-->
<page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd">
    <body/>
</page>

I also went to Admin->Content->Pages->Homepage, and "CMS Home Page" shows "Ultimo Home Page 1", "Default Web URL" shows "cms". The problem is that I have 8 Ultimo Home pages and I also have 8 demo.xml files (demo1.xml, demo2.xml, demo3.xml, etc.), and when I search for "Ultimo Home Page 1" it finds it in every demoN.xml file so 8 instances. And I'm not sure which one is being used for the Home page. I'm assuming it's demo1.xml, but I have no proof for that.

So, how do I find where the layout for the Home page is being configured?