cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate data from Magento 1.9.4 to Magento 2.4.3-p1 without using the Migration tool?

How to migrate data from Magento 1.9.4 to Magento 2.4.3-p1 without using the Migration tool?

We had 3 stores in Magento 1.9.4. I migrated 2 of them to Magento 2.4.2-p1 using the Magento Migration tool, installed the Smartwave Porto theme and the Amasty extensions and now we have many many problems!

Here is what I would like to do:

• make a fresh install of Magento 2.4.3-p1
  • install the Smartwave Porto theme
  • install the Amasty extensions

and then:

• export customers, orders and products from our Magento 1.9.4 for the 1 store we didn't migrate to our Magento 2.4.2-p1 and import it into this Magento 2.4.3-p1 installation WITHOUT using the Magento Migration Tool (as I believe doing that messed up our Magento 2.4.2-p1).

How can this be done?

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to migrate data from Magento 1.9.4 to Magento 2.4.3-p1 without using the Migration tool?

Hi @realbencut107b  I guess it will very complicated if you are going the data migration without a data migration tool. Magento is also advised(https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.4/migration/bk-migration-guide.html) to use the Data Migration Tool you should try your migration with the migration tool because there is a smooth process as below.

1. Install fresh Magento 2 (without sample data) on your server or the local machine.
  2. Dump your M1 DB from there and import it on your server or the local machine.
  3. Install data Data Migration Tool on Magento 2 instance.
  4. Configure the m1 DB and m2 DB in DMT(data migration tool)
  5. Open a terminal and go to the root of M2 then run the configuration command like
    php bin/magento migrate:settings -r -a vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/etc/opensource-to-opensource/<m1_version>/config.xml
  6. after successfully configuring
    php bin/magento migrate:data -r -a vendor/magento/data-migration-tool/etc/opensource-to-opensource/<m1_version/config.xml
    the settings then run the below command.

7. After successfully migrating this then check everything is migrated.