- On our website I want to have 30-40 commonly ordered products on display. These are very fast moving consumer goods in both the online and offline worlds.
- We will also have 100-200 vendors, all of whom sell those products - but sometimes they may be out of stock.
- We cannot have those vendors upload their inventories and that information will be instantly out of date. These are very tiny shops with very little infrastructure.
- The customer can select the item and quantities for each and "place" the order (but it is not "confirmed").
- Once the order is "placed", from our module, we want to redirect the order to vendor #1, and checking with him whether he has those products and quantities. If so, he should have a link or something which will have Magento assign the order to him and the order becomes "confirmed".
- If vendor #1 rejects the order, our system will redirect it to vendor #2, etc. until the order is accepted or completely unavailable across a set of (say) 10 vendors (that sequence and logic is determined by us). If that happens, the order is canceled.
A. Can I setup Magento to query the vendors, in a non-instantaneous / non-live manner, before the order is confirmed to the customer?
B. Can I setup Magento to query the multiple vendors in sequence as described above?