cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import product CSV sheet issue.

Import product CSV sheet issue.

To preface this post and I am beginner with Magento testing whether or not CE2 is worth adopting.

what I am trying to do is to import products and associated data via an csv sheet. I tried to make one myself which didnt work so I set up a configurable product as a template and downloaded the csv. I then deleted the product information I had on the site and re-uploaded the csv that Magento 2 CE had created only to be given the following errors. 

1. Value for 'color' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 1
2. Value for 'manufacturer' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 1
3. Value for 'material' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
4. Value for 'adult_boxing_glove_size' attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values on settings specified for Admin in row(s): 2, 3, 4, 5

This is an odd behaviour to occur where Magento won't accept a sheet that it has created based on its own parameters. 

Has anyone else had this issue and how would I go about fixing it so I can upload products via a spreadsheet.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Magento ver. 2.3.0