cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import products with the same name. URL Key already exists problem.

Import products with the same name. URL Key already exists problem.

Hello,

I was looking for a little help.

I am trying to import products into Magento2. However some of my products have the same name and it is stopping me from importing them because it say that the 'url key has already been taken'.

My question is, how can i get around this? 

To be honest i though Magento2 woud have simply automatically just renamed the file for me, but it dosnt seem to do that.

Please note that i cannot simply change the product name or add my own url key. This is not possible as i cannot change the data in the files.

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Import products with the same name. URL Key already exists problem.

replace the url key in the csv to something else, and import it.

Re: Import products with the same name. URL Key already exists problem.

Hi Seouli,

There is no setting in Magento "Rename URL if it exists" and I do not think there is an easy way to use productSKU + productName as URL. If you can not change import file, you need to change Magento import module to automatically change URL if the same URL already exists or generate URL as productSKU + productName or productName + productID. This has to be done in the code and you need to get a developer to do this. We can do this customization for you for $150 or maybe you can find somebody on the forum to do this for less. I just offer a solution to get you moving forward in case you will not find another option.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.