cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In M2 after adding images to 2 styles, "configurable product" converted all items to "simple"

In M2 after adding images to 2 styles, "configurable product" converted all items to "simple"

Trying to beef up existing configurable product with front/side/back views + model images (4 images total per color with a styles having 8-10 colors) while selecting a given color of a given sku.  Saved successfully yet went to the live site and disappeared.  In ADMIN the configurable "mother ship" disappeared.  All items are now simple i.e. compete-skort-black-women-large for each size and each color.  on the live it it listed skus all individually.  

This occurred when "adding unique images per color".  Earlier in day no issue but afternoon the error happened on 2 styles so I stopped.  Now missing from live site and can only view simple products for those 2 glitch styles.

Is there a way to re-create a "mother ship" configurable product and wrangle them all back where they belong?

One other note to mention.  I changed an existing "name" to be more descriptive for the customer in ADMIN.  So the "Compete" sku needed to be more descriptive so I added the word "skort"  Now reading "Compete Skort" and it saved successfully.  Is it a glitch trigger to re-name or add words to an existing style name?  That was the only thing I did different this time whereas the past I only edited product + models images.

Any assistance would be awesome!