cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Status Is Paid But Order Remains As Pending Payment

Invoice Status Is Paid But Order Remains As Pending Payment

Hello there,

I have created an order on behalf of a customer and that invoice was submitted for payment via Stripe. The customer has paid that Stripe invoice and the Magento invoice has been updated and shows as Paid, however, the order still shows as status Pending Payment. The "Payment Information" panel in the order page shows the payment "Status" as "Paid" but this apparently is not enough to cause the order to change status. The drop down menu on the order page only offers one option, "Pending Payment" so it does not appear that I have the ability as the admin to change the status to Awaiting Shipment.

Help?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Invoice Status Is Paid But Order Remains As Pending Payment

Now get ready to see how deep the rabbit hole goes Smiley Very Happy

There are order statuses and order states. Statuses are mapped to states under Stores > Order Statuses. You can create and map as many order statuses as you want and map them to various order states

What you see in the dropdown you mentioned are all statuses mapped to the current state of this order. So whatever the state of this order is (I can't know because I can't look into your admin) the only status mapped to this state is the one you see in the dropdown.

Now without knowing the actual state of your order we can't help you out, but I am going to go and guess the issue you have is that the order is only partially invoiced. Meaning, not entire order amount was captured and there is some left before the order is considered completely invoiced. 

Founder at https://agency418.com

Did you manage to resolve this issue? We have the same problem. Stripe webhooks show as success, the comments in Magento Admin states "processing" but the actual order status is still 'Pending Payment'.

We have the same problem! Magento 2.4.6-p2 - Stripe 3.5.1