cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 CLI not working, any tips on debbuging methods?

SOLVED

Magento 2 CLI not working, any tips on debbuging methods?

Hi, I've searched the board but couldn't find a topic on this subject. Help lolll

I have installed Magento 2.0 and trying to get cron jobs going but getting errors on every magento cli commands that I throw at PuTTy.

Background:

Magento v2 hosted on a VPS and I have access to the command by SSH/PuTTY. Logged on as Magento files owner, issued the chmod u+x bin/magento already, E.G: typing ./magento --list or ./magento -l and getting error below:

magesbkx@mage.x.com [~/public_html/bin]# ./magento -l

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /home/magesbkx/public_html/bin/magento on line 22

I can confirm that cli is working fine/enabled on the server because I can get php scripts to hello world, etc. I just can't get any magento commands to work. Are there any sort of quick debug tests/cmd that I can put to my php cli console?

How to debug this thing?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 CLI not working, any tips on debbuging methods?

Wow, those were alllll great suggestions. You guys are the most knowledgeable community on the Internet by world-miles lollll

Problem solved: just changed hosting co. Simple as that. Just found one with PHP 7.0 and other turbo bits of kit that seems to make Magento 2.0 blazing fast. Twice faster than the previous host (vps) I had anyway.

Happy Happy!!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 2 CLI not working, any tips on debbuging methods?

Wow, those were alllll great suggestions. You guys are the most knowledgeable community on the Internet by world-miles lollll

Problem solved: just changed hosting co. Simple as that. Just found one with PHP 7.0 and other turbo bits of kit that seems to make Magento 2.0 blazing fast. Twice faster than the previous host (vps) I had anyway.

Happy Happy!!!