cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Not saving changes at the backend

Re: Magento 2 Not saving changes at the backend

I know this is quite old topic, but it is number 1 for search "magento saving settings doesn't work". What worked in my case was flushing cache storage (not to be confused with flushing Magento cache). After flushing the cache storaged the settings appeared as saved. This works for some time, before saving settings stops working again and requires another cache storage flushing.

Go to Admin -> System -> [Tools] Cache Management and press "flush cache storage" next to "Flush Magento cache" orange button.

I am using Magento 2.3. I tried everything mentioned... but it still fails.

Why do the magento devs not care?

UPDATE: I finally figured it out. It was because I have executed `php bin/magento app:config:dump`.

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/196912/appconfigdump-locks-everything-in-configuration

This worked for me.

@sergiusz_olszew wrote:

I know this is quite old topic, but it is number 1 for search "magento saving settings doesn't work". What worked in my case was flushing cache storage (not to be confused with flushing Magento cache). After flushing the cache storaged the settings appeared as saved. This works for some time, before saving settings stops working again and requires another cache storage flushing.

Go to Admin -> System -> [Tools] Cache Management and press "flush cache storage" next to "Flush Magento cache" orange button.