cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main product does not control stock (configurable product)

SOLVED

Main product does not control stock (configurable product)

When i create a new configurable product (slippers), and add all the different sizes as configurations, i set the available quantities in stock on the main product. My problem is that on the storeview, this item is set as out of stock. I already found out why, which is because all the individual products created are set to out of stock by default in Attributes.

Why does the main product not control the in-stock/out-of-stock? (I can change the values there, but setting it as in stock does noting on the storefront, and manually changing the qty reverts back after save)

Do i have to go in and set all the different sizes to 'in stock' manually just to have them shown on the website, just after creating them with a positive qty?

Did i do something wrong when creating the configurable products in the first place?

Can any of you wizards help? I am ripping my hair out trying to get this to work more seamlessly!

Sincerely,

Marcus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Main product does not control stock (configurable product)

Hello @marcus_tarang 

This is Magento default flow when you are creating configurable products and associating child products with this configurable product then you have to add positive qty in child products and need to do manually value change to in stock in all child otherwise all child will be out of stock.

If all child products out of stock then configurable will be out of stock as per default Magento functionality.

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Found a way around it. By selecting all of the items in the product view, i can update all their stock at one time through the dropdown menu 'edit attributes' at the top. Doesn't solve that the default setting is to set the items as out of stock.

Any one know why that is happening?

Hello @marcus_tarang 

This is Magento default flow when you are creating configurable products and associating child products with this configurable product then you have to add positive qty in child products and need to do manually value change to in stock in all child otherwise all child will be out of stock.

If all child products out of stock then configurable will be out of stock as per default Magento functionality.

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Okay thank you fort the quick reply.

Is there any way to change the default setting then? Making it go it default in stock. It's a bit of a hassle when setting up many new products, only to set them all to stock again.