cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Inventory, Managing Sources or Adding a New Source. community edition

Managing Inventory, Managing Sources or Adding a New Source. community edition

Hello,

I'm runnnig magento 2.3.0 default install and trying to follow https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/catalog/inventory-sources.html in a local installation to learn magento. It says to do the following:

To manage inventory sources:

1. On the Admin sidebar, tap Stores. Then under Settings, choose Manage Sources.
2. To add a new inventory location, see Adding a New Source.

But all i have in the menu is the following (no manage sources)

Stores > Settings

All stores

Configuration

Terms and Conditions

Order Status

What am i missing?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Managing Inventory, Managing Sources or Adding a New Source. community edition

Hi @travis99872

On the store -> you are not able to see Inventory settings ? it is there in native magento 2.3

Can you please let us know how you have installed this magento 2.3 - so its help us to troubleshoot the issue.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: Managing Inventory, Managing Sources or Adding a New Source. community edition

Hello @Manthan Dave,

I originally installed Magento 2.2 using command line installation on Ubuntu system many months ago. 

Last week I upgraded to 2.3 using command line and composer (not using script). The upgrade seemed to go ok. I have no errors or warnings and the bottom of the page says that i'm running Magento ver. 2.3.0.

How should i proceed? Does it require a complete re-install?

@Manthan Dave,

The issue is only when upgrading via composer from 2.2.5 to 2.3.

Using a fresh install of 2.3 via composer or archive file shows it under Admin sidebar > Stores > Inventory > Sources. The docs are wrong.

Hi @travis99872,

Yes, the document is somehow having wrong path. And path should be Stores -> Inventory -> Source.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hey @Ketika M,

I notified magento via their "Was this helpful" the other day. However I still haven't got any feedback on why upgrading via composer from 2.2.5 to 2.3 does not give users all the features.