cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of customer groups?

SOLVED

Maximum number of customer groups?

Hello,

we are on a Magento Commerce Cloud Pro plan.

For customer pricing in our B2B store, I was wondering if there is any suggestion on how many customer groups I can create without facing issues (performance for example).

I will at least have a number of 8000 customer groups for the start.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Maximum number of customer groups?

If we follow the maximum index in the Database. A large amount can influence performances as customer pages are most of the time not cached but else, I do not see any problem to set that amount.

Here is the creation script of the table. The customer_group_id is INT with a length of 10 so the maximum index is 4294967295.

INT (10means you probably defined it as INT UNSIGNED. So, you can store numbers from 0 up to 4294967295 (note that the maximum value has 10 digits, so MySQL automatically added the (10) in the column definition which (10) is just a format hint and nothing more. It has no effect on how big number you can store).

If we need to add more then we can change the datatype from INT to BIGINT using the data patch query updated in latest magento2 versions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Maximum number of customer groups?

If we follow the maximum index in the Database. A large amount can influence performances as customer pages are most of the time not cached but else, I do not see any problem to set that amount.

Here is the creation script of the table. The customer_group_id is INT with a length of 10 so the maximum index is 4294967295.

INT (10means you probably defined it as INT UNSIGNED. So, you can store numbers from 0 up to 4294967295 (note that the maximum value has 10 digits, so MySQL automatically added the (10) in the column definition which (10) is just a format hint and nothing more. It has no effect on how big number you can store).

If we need to add more then we can change the datatype from INT to BIGINT using the data patch query updated in latest magento2 versions.