cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing image alt tag for products in the category

Missing image alt tag for products in the category

Hi,

I am running Magento 2.3 with the Porto theme. The problem I have is that every product in my category pages is missing an alt tag. 

Any pointers as to where I can fix that would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Missing image alt tag for products in the category

@frank95a 

Please check that the alt text is set in the product image.

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

Magento have default ALT tag on all images but few themes override alt tags of images. Since themes override alt tag so normally category pages of Magento don't show ALT tag of products. You can refer to following link to resolve your issue.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39404796/adding-category-image-to-the-category-page-in-magento

AppCode Technologies eCommerce website development company team is always ready to support you for any type of glitches you encounter while running magento website. 

Yes it does. I should have said that the product page shows the alt tag correctly

Errr... The link you have provided has nothing to do with the issue at hand. But thanks

I am having a similar issue with Porto 2.3 ALT on the product page. I do have ALT's and in the inspect page it shows I do. However every SEO scan I run it show everyone of my Product pages is missing the ALT. I have notice this only on Porto Themed Sites. I have submitted a ticket to Porto and they have denied this. 

I'm having the same issue with Porto 4.0.6 and Magento 2.4.6-p2. Using the vertical image column view.

Did they ever come back with a solution?

Product alt tags are empty and captions don't appear.