cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi store different products using root categories

Multi store different products using root categories

Hi,

I have a single domain and i want to use multi store to show products from different root categories. I have created two stores and store views (called tech shop and print shop). I have made a root category called tech shop and set the tech shop store view to use this root category. I have done the same for print shop using root category called print shop. 

However, the print shop store shows the products that are in the tech shop root category and i cannot find anywhere that might be causing this to happen. The print shop root category is empty. i have tried reindexing and clearing the cache but it doesnt help.

I am using magento CE 2.3.1.

I would appreciate any help in getting the tech shop root category to only display in store tech shop and only print shop category to display in store print shop.

Thanks,

Alex

1 REPLY 1

Re: Multi store different products using root categories

Hi Alex,

In this case, you can disable the products in different way. Follow the steps below-

• Select the products that you want to disable/remove from the particular store from the product grid.
• Click on the Action control displayed right above the product grid and tap the Update Attributes option.
• On tapping that option, Magento will list down all the Attributes to make any changes in bulk for all of that selected product. But, to disable the products, you should click on the last option from the right-hand side block. It will exhibit the page where you can enable/disable the products for stores as well as websites (if you have established Multi-websites).

Perform these steps and check it on the storefront too. If asked, do the cache management and re-indexing too.

Hope it helps!
Found the above suggestion helpful, hit the "Kudos" & Accept as Solution!

Thank you,
Rohan D.
Free & Premium Magento 2 Extensions