cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple color swatch

Multiple color swatch

Hi All, I am setting up a new store and i am slightly stuck in creating this specific product. To give you all background this specific product is rhino man aluminium canopies. The canopies have a frame and doors that can be configured to have one of seven colors (door and frame can be the same or differ in color). for example: the frame can be white and the doors can be black. so i believe I need to use two color swatches with configurable products, one for doors one for frame. please keep in mind that the images i have are static images so for every config config I have two images one front view one rear view image. as the swatches are selected I want the preview images to update and show the customers selection. There is no additional cost associated to the color's except if clients want to color code the canopy to their vehicle color. which i will probably add in as custom option and not here in the swatches

Please can you guys suggest best practice and how to go about it? Below are some of the images i have rendered which i are going to be used. the last image is just the product itself on a vehicle.

White Frame Black DoorsWhite Frame Black DoorsWhite Frame Black DoorsWhite Frame Black DoorsWhite Frame Medium Grey DoorsWhite Frame Medium Grey DoorsWhite Frame Medium Grey DoorsWhite Frame Medium Grey DoorsMedium Grey Frame Sand DoorsMedium Grey Frame Sand DoorsMedium Grey Frame Sand DoorsMedium Grey Frame Sand DoorsDark Grey Frame Light grey DoorsDark Grey Frame Light grey DoorsDark Grey Frame Light grey DoorsDark Grey Frame Light grey DoorsToyota Hilux Sand Frame Medium Grey doorsToyota Hilux Sand Frame Medium Grey doors

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple color swatch

Hi @JohnathanK,

Did you tried the configurable swatches? http://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/catalog/swatch-create.html

Maybe I didn't understand right but why Configurabel Swatches won't help you? Can you show the problem in that case?

Hi Damian,

So i am very new to Magento. :-) i am actually a Solidworks user. Anyways so the configurable makes clutter on the storefront less as you can see the product loaded currently results in 36 simples. I have been able to get it right over the weekend though. I think the term for the feature I used is Layered navigation. Have a look here:

https://sheergear.co.za/hilux-double-cab-rhinocab-current.html

Notice that there are multiple colors per product. 

Thanks Johnathan.

Hi @JohnathanK,

The layered navigation is the sidebar filter you can see on a category view. The store you showed is not using layered navigation.

Also, I was looking that store and is using Magento 2 so I guess you should be able to do the same on your store.

Maybe the amount of variations could be a little bit messy to configure the first time, but I guess is possible.

(my 2 cents)